Easter Camp 2016
Canoeing Ireland will be running an Easter Kayaking Camp over the Easter mid term. The camp is aimed at juniors and will run over the two week midterm break in 2016.
- The aim of the camps is to promote the sport of kayaking by introducing young people to it in a safe and fun environment.
- To progress those who enjoy the sport already.
- To have fun, learn a new sport, gain the basic skills (Level 1 or 2 skills award certificates will be gained).
- Promote team building and awareness between young people.
- To make new friends.
This year we will also be running an advanced Kayak camp
- The course is for juniors who hold a level 2 skills certificate and have some understanding of level 3 kayak skills.
- Must be at least ten years of age.
The course will include Level 3 skills, River Safety and Rescue 1, rolling practice as well as river trips and more.
For more information on this camp Download the 2016 brochure here
Junior Camp (8-12 yrs. age) Morning Session 10am – 1pm; Afternoon Session 2m – 5pm
Senior Camp (12 – 16 yrs. age) 10am -3pm
Advanced Camp (10yrs+ age) (4 Days) 10am – 5pm
|1||21st||24th||March||Junior Camp||10.00 -13.00|
|1||21st||24th||March||Junior Camp||14.00 – 17.00|
|1||21sh||24th||March||Senior Camp||10.00 – 15.00|
|2||29th||1st||April||Junior Camp||10.00 -13.00|
|2||29th||1st||April||Junior Camp||14.00 – 17.00|
|2||29th||1st||April||Senior||10.00 – 15.00|
|1&2||22nd & 23rd||29th & 30th||March||Advanced Camp||10.00 – 17.00|
There will be a small break during each session (children are advised to bring a snack).
Young Pirates weekly camp: €70
Young Captains weekly camp: €100
Advanced Easter Camp: €130
Weekly Camp: €5 Discount for each additional sibling
Book 4 or more and each child receives 10 percent discount
Early booking before 1st March 2016 receive 10 percent discount(Discount cannot be used with the deal)
How to Book
1. Click Here for Application Form
2. Email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to our address: Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Watch the 2014 Easter Camp video below>
What to bring
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel.
Don’t bring any of your good stuff! It’s a busy half day so you’ll need a packed lunch with lots of snacks, plenty to drink to keep yourself hydrated throughout.
Children must be signed in and out of the camp everyday by a parent or guardian, we do not allow children to “come and go” by themselves.
Please note that places on the camps are limited and will be awarded on a first come first served basis, hence early booking is advised. Book your place before the 20th March 2014 and get 10 percent discount on your booking.