Kayaking Courses for Schools
Canoeing Ireland offer a tailored kayaking program to schools within the Dublin region. These programs are available mid-week. There are two packages that schools can choose from;
- Level 1 Skills Kayaking – Consists of three individual sessions
- Level 2 Skills Kayaking – Consists of six individual sessions
The Time slots are Monday to Friday with the following times available
- 9.30 – 12.30
- 12.30 – 15.30
- 15.30 – 18.30
The aim of the camps is to promote the sport of kayaking by introducing young people to it in a safe and fun environment.
- To progress those who enjoy the sport already.
- To have fun, learn a new sport, gain the basic skills (Level 1 or 2 skills award certificates will be acquired)
- Promote team building and awareness between young people
- To make new friends
- Promote confidence and self belief
Level 1 Course 75 Euro for 3 sessions delivered over 3 weeks
Level 2 Course 120Euro for 6 sessions delivered over 6 weeks
**Rates negotiable for larger groups, Call for details**
Transport available for small groups – Nominal extra charge
How to book
Email the application form to email@example.com
Each participant must also have consent from a Guardian. All forms should be collected by the group leader and brought on the day. Only participants with completed forms will be allowed to participate on the day.
What to bring:
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel.
Don’t bring any of your good stuff!
Children must be signed in and out of the camp everyday by a parent or teacher, we do not allow children to “come and go” by themselves.