Adventure Kayak Camp – 2017
Canoeing Ireland is proud to announce the launch of its Summer Adventure Kayak Camps. The camps are aimed at young people between the ages of 8 and 15 and will run during July and August 2017
- The aim of the camps is to promote the sport of kayaking by introducing young people to it in a safe and fun environment.
- To progress those who enjoy the sport already.
- To have fun, learn a new sport, gain the basic skills
- Level 1 & 2 Kayak Skills Award certificates can be attained.
- Promote team building and awareness between young people.
- To make new friends
Week 1: Monday, 3rd July – Thursday 6th July – Junior Camp
Week 2: Monday 10th July – Thursday 13th July – Junior Camp
Week 3: Monday 17th July – Thursday 20th July – Junior Camp
Week 4: Monday 24th July – Thursday 27th July – Junior Camp
Week 5 : Monday 31st July – Thursday 3rd August – Senior Camp
Week 6 : Monday 7th August – Thursday 10th August – Junior Camp
Week 7 : Monday 14th August – Thursday 17th August – Senior Camp
Week 8 : Monday 21st August – Thursday 24th August – Junior Camp
Junior Camp: 10 – 12 years old
Daily from 10 am – 1 pm
Senior Camp: 12 – 16 years old
Daily from 10 am – 2 pm
Junior Camp: Weekly Camp: 4 days €80 / 5 days €99
Senior Camp: Weekly Camp: €120 ( 5 days)
How to book
- Download an Application form Here
- Email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to our address: Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport Hq, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Camps operate from our Training Centre on the Strawberry beds, Lucan. Link
What to bring
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is suitable clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel. If you have your own wet gear you are welcome to bring that.
Don’t bring any of your good stuff! It’s a busy half/full day so you’ll need a packed lunch with lots of snacks, plenty to drink to keep yourself hydrated throughout.
All young people must be signed in and out of the camp everyday by a parent or guardian,