Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting of
Canoe Marathon Ireland on Sat 25th March 2017 at 7pm
in the Canoeing Ireland Training Centre, Strawberry Beds.
At the AGM of Canoe Marathon Ireland in January 2017, no committee was elected.
In the absence of a CMI Committee, the Board of Canoeing Ireland have decided to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting of Canoe Marathon Ireland. The EGM will be run in accordance with the Canoe Marathon Ireland constitution which is available on the Canoe Marathon section of www.canoe.ie.
- Proposed amendment to CMI Constitution – changes in italics / strikethrough / underlined below:
3.1 Marathon Racing General Meetings
- An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held at least every 14 months and at least 1 month before the first race of the season
- The secretary shall notify the general marathon population of General meetings at least 21 days in advance using email (if provided), the Marathon website, the ICU website, via letters to club secretaries, via text message or any other useful or applicable means of communications
- Proposals should be submitted to the Marathon committee at least 14 days in advance of the General meeting
- Proposals shall be posted on the web site at least 7 days in advance of the General meeting
- Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) can be called if a minimum of 10 marathon paddlers sign the request for an EGM.
- All registered members of the Irish Canoe Union over the age of 18 years are entitled to attend, vote and run for committee positions.
- 1 member of the ICU is entitled to 1 vote, no proxy voting is permitted.
- The Marathon committee reserves the right to request evidence of membership of the ICU.
- Junior paddler over the age of 16 (on 1st of Jan of the year of the General meeting) can vote at general meetings or as per ICU rules
- A minimum of 20 people will be deemed to be a quorum for a General meeting (AGM & EGM)
The two alterations (one addition, one omission) are to bring the voting procedure in to line with the ICU Rules and the Terms of Reference for Technical Committees.
- Election of Officers
- Race Records Officer
- Committee Member 1
- Committee Member 2
- Committee Member 3
Nominations for positions should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 10th March 2017.
3rd March 2017