Sluice Summer Evening Sessions
Who is it for?
- Sluice Evening Sessions are for those at a high standard of padding. They must have completed level 2 and participated in at least fiver river trips, and/or one term of the junior senior school or the adult school.
- You must be over the age of 12 to participate
- The sessions will be focused on Skills training in river runner kayaks.
- This includes a qualified instructor/s and use of the Training Centre’s Gear.
- The Sluice evening sessions will operate from the sluice on the river liffey in Lucan Demense.
Sluice evening sessions summer term
- No Dates are Scheduled
- There is a minimum of six places each evening
- Participants can either meet in the training centre at 18:30 if they need gear or 19:00 at the sluice if they are bringing their own.
- Lifts will be organised between the group/parents to and from the sluice and training centre
Cost is €15 per session, Sessions will only run with a minimum of 5
Sessions are pay as you go but must be paid 2 days in advance through the application form or by emailing ahead.
How to Book
Email application form to
Paddlesessions@canoe.ie or call 0857200198 for details
What to bring
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel
Children must be signed in and out of the sessions by a parent or guardian, we do not allow children to “come and go” by themselves.