The 2015 Adventure Sport Tutor Training Registration will close on August 14th 2015.
Adventure Sport Tutor Training will take place on the following dates in 2015
- 21-24 September (University of Limerick)
- 12-15 October (venue to be confirmed)
Interested candidates should complete the Adv Sport Tutor Training Nomination form and return it by email to email@example.com by 14th August 2015, or post to Canoeing Ireland. Section 1 must be completed by the candidate and Section 2 must be completed by the NGB. Both sections must be completed prior to submission to Coaching Ireland.
The cost of the course is €800 per candidate, however Canoeing Ireland provide a €400 subsidy for the first four successful course applicants.
Application pre-requirements are explained below.
Pathway to becoming a Canoeing Ireland Tutor
Instructors who wish to be nominated for Tutor training must fulfil the following criteria:
- Have an instructor or coach qualification at intermediate level – Minimum Level 3 Instructor or Level 2 Coach
- Be an active Instructor or Coach for a minimum of 6 years
- Have completed Instructor or Coach Training Panel registration criteria (see below)
- Complete the Tutor Nomination form
- Be nominated by Canoeing Ireland
Panel Membership Procedure
For those wishing to become a member of either a Trainer Panel or an Assessor Panel there is a procedure to follow which is outlined below.
Firstly identify the type of course you would like to train or assess for and then follow these three steps.
- Attend as an observer on one training course or assessment given by a current panel member who signs the panel application confirming your attendance.
- Attend as an assistant on one training course or assessment given by a current panel member who determines whether to recommend you for panel membership. The Tutor or assessment organiser may recommend that you gain further experience before recommending you for panel membership.
- Forward the Panel application for consideration to the Training and Development Committee. Following successful consideration, an applicant will be registered on the panel database..