NOTICE OF ANNUAL DELEGATE MEETING
Irish Canoe Union Limited trading as Canoeing Ireland (“the Company”)
Saturday, 8th October 2016 at 3pm.
Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Dear Club Secretary/Member, 2 September 2016
In accordance with Articles 16 – 40 of the Articles of Association of the Company, notice is hereby given that the Annual Delegate Meeting (“ADM”) of the Company will be held at 3pm in Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Clubs registered with Canoeing Ireland within the 3 months preceding the date of the ADM are eligible to attend and vote at the ADM. Clubs should try to ensure that at least one club representative, eligible to vote, attends the ADM.
Individual senior members registered with Canoeing Ireland within the 3 months preceding the date of the ADM are eligible to attend and vote at the ADM.
The procedures for Nominations and Motions are set out in Article 19 of the Articles of Association as follows:
- Prior to the day appointed for the commencement of an Annual Delegate Meeting, the following procedures shall apply in relation to nominations and motions:
- Any nomination proposed by a CI Registered Club and duly seconded by one or more CI Registered Clubs together with such information as the Board may stipulate shall be notified to the Honorary Secretary in writing not less than 21 days before an Annual Delegate Meeting.
- The Board may nominate only one incumbent member eligible for re-election at an Annual Delegate Meeting for re-election to the Board.
- Each CI Registered Club shall be entitled to nominate only one nomination for election at an Annual Delegate Meeting.
- A motion may be put forward by any two CI Registered Members provided (i) it deals with a single subject (ii) it is notified to the Secretary in writing not less than 21 days before the Annual Delegate Meeting (iii) it is approved by the Board or a CI Registered Club and (iv) it is duly countersigned by the Chairman of the Board or the CI Registered Club which approved the motion.
- The Board may alter or amend any motion which offends against the Articles of Canoeing Ireland but not otherwise, and may composite any two or more motions which, in the opinion of the Board constitutes in substance the same motion or which deals with the same subject matter and is to the same effect. The Board shall inform, in writing, any CI Registered Club whose motion is altered, amended or composited in accordance with this article and shall then arrange for the final Annual Delegate Meeting agenda to be prepared and made public not later than 14 days before the commencement of an Annual Delegate Meeting.
Nominations for the following positions should be notified in writing to the Honorary Secretary of Canoeing Ireland no later than close of business on Friday 16 September 2016 by post to Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. or email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Four Executive Committee Members
- Dublin Representative
- Connaught / Ulster Representative
- Leinster Representative
- Munster Representative
- Recreational Sport Representative*
- Olympic High Performance Representative**
- Non-Olympic High Performance Representative***
*In default of this position being filled at the ADM the Training and Development Unit shall nominate a person to fill the position.
**Nomination for this position shall be from the Chairs of the Slalom, Sprint and Paralympic Technical Committees.
***Nomination for this position shall be from the Chairs of the WW Racing, Marathon, Surf, Polo and Freestyle Technical Committees.
Motions must also be submitted in the same manner as Nominations. Please note the requirements in Article 19 above in relation to the submission of Nominations and Motions.
Yours in Sport,
Board of Management
Irish Canoe Union T/A Canoeing Ireland
AGENDA FOR THE 55th ANNUAL DELEGATE MEETING
- President’s opening address.
- Apologies and correspondence.
- Adoption of the Agenda for the 55th Annual Delegate Meeting.
- Adoption of Standing Orders for the 55th Annual Delegate Meeting.
- Confirmation of the Quorum for the 55th Annual Delegate Meeting
- Minutes of the 54th (2015) Annual Delegate Meeting.
- Presentation and adoption of the Executive’s Report & Review.
- Presentation and adoption of the draft Audited Accounts for 2015.
- Motions received.
- Nominations received for election to Executive Committee.
- Nominations received for election of Regional & Technical. members of the board.
- Appointment of Auditor and Solicitor.
- Presidents closing address.
PDF of notice below.