Membership of Canoeing Ireland
To Join Canoeing Ireland for the first time, just fill out the online application form by clicking the button below;
Benefits of Membership
- Voting Rights
- Campaigning and Representation at National Level
- Campaigning and Representation at International Level
- Access to Training Scheme
- Access to Skills Workshops
- Access to Safety Workshops
- Access to Volunteer Training
- Discounts With Partners
- Access to the European Paddle Pass System
- Members Area Access
- Competition Entry
Types of Membership
Anyone who wishes to be a member of Canoeing Ireland but is not a member of a club.
Cost: €50 – Valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Standardised Club Year
From 1st Jan 2020 we will be operating on a standardised club year. All club membership, regardless of when it was paid for during 2020 will be due for renewal on 1st Jan 2021. In order to operate a fair policy in regard to the changeover during 2020 the membership rates will be divided as follows:
Club members falling due for renewal 1st Jan – 30th June 2020 – Full Fee Applies
*Club Members falling due for renewal 1st July – 31st December 2020 – 50% Fee Applies
*The fee reduction is linked to the date the membership expires not the date of renewal. Therefore, if a club member is due for renewal in March 2020 but does not renew their membership until July, the full fee will still apply. All new club members registered on or after 1st July will be charged at 50% of the normal registration fee.
Club Membership Costs:
The Annual Club Registration Fee is €150.
The fee per senior club member is €30.
The fee per junior club member is €10.
New* The fee per associate club member is €15 (please see below).
Benefits of Club Membership:
• Registered Club can borrow Canoeing Ireland equipment; Canoes, Sea Kayaks, slalom kayaks, k1’s, k2’s, Wild Water Racers, river runners, and play boats.
• Registered Clubs have access to the Canoeing Ireland Training Centre.
• Registered Clubs have access to the Canoeing Ireland mini bus.
• Registered Clubs have access to the Canoeing Ireland trailers.
To start a club, please see our ‘Starting a Club’ page.
Trial Associate Membership
Associate Membership is available to club members who assist with club activities on land. The purpose of this membership option is to allow club administrators/volunteers who assist the club with activities such as general administration and on-land supervision etc. to access Garda Vetting and insurance for a reduced membership fee. The following rules and limitations to this membership category:
1. The insurance cover does not extend to “on the water” activities.
2. Applications for Associate Membership are submitted to Canoeing Ireland via the Club Secretary.
3. Associate Members are not permitted to enter Canoeing Ireland events (e.g. Liffey Descent etc.)
4. A maximum of 20% of a Canoeing Ireland registered club’s members are permitted to apply for Associate Membership
5. If an Associate Member wishes to participate in on the water activities the membership must be converted to full club membership and the appropriate additional fee paid.
6. Associate Members are not insured for Canoeing Ireland skills/instructorship courses.
Associate Membership will be available from 1st August 2019.
National & International Representation
Canoeing Ireland represents Irish canoeists in national, government and international organisations and committees such as Sport Ireland, the Olympic Council of Ireland, the National Trails Office, Waterways Ireland, the Marine Safety Working Group, Euro Paddle Pass, the International Canoe Federation and the European Canoeing Federation.
Canoeing Ireland invests resources to support the development of facilities nationally for Canoeists including the National Blueway Trails Project and local and national training facilities for the competitive disciplines such as the Sluice, Lough Rinn and Trim. Your membership helps to support this ongoing facility development work.
Membership Welcome Pack
To download and view your membership welcome pack please click on the button below;