Starting a Club
If you find that there is no club in your area that caters for your chosen canoeing discipline, you may choose to start your own club.
Before you become a club, please make sure you have the following:
- Discussed with a Canoeing Ireland staff members what you want out of the club and what Canoeing Ireland can do for the club.
- Club Constitution sent to Ci office – email@example.com
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, safety officer (if allowing minors into the club, Children s officer).
- Risk Assessment and Safety Statement for the Club and for engagement with Minors or vulnerable adults.
- Minimum of 5 people against the club on the Canoeing Ireland Database.
- Submit to the GDPR recommendations of Canoeing Ireland.
Canoeing Ireland and the Training & Development Unit have produced a number of resources to assist new clubs, downloadable here in PDF format…
Canoeing Ireland Board have the right to refuse membership.
The Benefits of Canoeing Ireland’s Equipment Loan Scheme
Membership Welcome Pack
To download and view your membership welcome pack please click on the button below;